Thursday, April 28, 2011

Why Your Pregnant Wife Will Love Maternity Clothes


When my wife became pregnant with our first child I didn’t know what to expect. My friends all gave me different glimpses into what my life would be like during the pregnancy, and I have to admit, I was a little scared. Would my wife and I still be able to enjoy the city’s many restaurants as we had become accustomed to or would we be eating at home now watching random re-runs on tv? Would our social lifestyle take a hit now that we were expanding our family?
What I found out was that in many ways we were able to enjoy a lot of the same things that we had prior to becoming pregnant. However the biggest lesson I learned was that if my wife were comfortable, our outings would be enjoyable, if she wasn’t then it would be less than ideal.
Maternity clothes became my best chance of keeping things headed in the right direction. I will be the first to say that I didn’t get why we were having to restock my wife’s wardrobe. I was somehow under the impression that my sweatshirts and t-shirts made a great maternity top. Boy was I wrong. You see by getting her clothes that were designed for her situation, I was making my wife feel comfortable and that in turn made her feel good and even sexy depending on what she was wearing.
Maternity clothing also was good for our relationship; some of the maternity dresses and even the maternity jeans that she wore were kind of a turn-on.
So guys, I know it is hard to think about having to restock the wife’s wardrobe, but take it from me…you will be glad that you did.